Images of Andalucia - The Leading Country Property Specialists
Home Page
About The Company
Properties For Sale
Provinces Info
Rural Andalucia A to Z
Buying A Property
Professional Services
Title Insurance
Fractional Ownership
News & Happenings
Frequently Asked Questions
Global Real Estate
International Properties
Contact Us
Unusual, unique and character properties in Europe and Beyond
Search by Province

Search by Code

Search by Category
B&B, Hotels, S.C. (64)
Business properties (23)
Cave Houses (9)
Coastal Property (4)
Cortijos / Farmhouses (32)
Cottages (10)
Country Property (115)
Equestrian property (79)
Farms/Fincas (57)
Historic (21)
Hunting Estate (18)
Imposing Residences (14)
Investment (12)
Lake/River View (15)
Land / Ruins (1)
Large country estates (33)
Mills (17)
Olive farms (33)
Owner Financing (3)
Rural Tourism (81)
Town/Village Houses (13)
Unique/Unusual Properties (68)
Villages (5)
Villas (35)
Vineyard (7)
Watermills (3)
Who's Who Historical SocietyInternational Association of Business Leaders

Selected News Article - From Rural Andalaucia
Energy Performance Certificate
08 February 2018

 Energy Performance Certificate
This came into force on the 1st of June, 2013. It is obligatory for all sellers and lessors who are advertising their property for sale or rent. If you do not hold an energy performance certificate then you will be fined.

The energy performance certificates are issued by qualified professional technicians or architects who are authorised to undertake building projects and thermal installations for buildings. They have to visit the property to take measurements and collect information about the property before drawing up and certifying the report.

The certificate costs Up to 100m2 - 155 + IVA, Between 100m2-200m2 - 195 + IVA, Between 200m2 - 300m2 - 215 + IVA, Up to 400m2 - 280 + IVA paid for by the owner of the property

You will not be able to sell your home without the energy certificate; it will be requested at the notary. Each regional registry can check if the property has a registered energy performance certificate by looking up the catastral reference.

Your assessor will give you the certificate once it was been fully registered and approved. You can also download from your client log in once it has been approved. The certificate is valid for 10 years. This means owners will not have to obtain a new certificate during this period unless they renovate or change the property in any way.

You will need an EPC before advertising for sale or rent. Fines can be applied if your property does not hold an EPC when being advertised for sale or rent.

Exceptions, are the following
a) Buildings and monuments officially protected as part of a designated environment or because of their special architectural or historic.
b) Buildings or parts of buildings used exclusively as places of worship and for religious activities.
c) Temporary buildings with a planned time of use exceeding two years.
d) Industrial buildings, defence and agricultural or parts thereof, in the part for workshops, industrial processes, defence and non-residential agricultural.
e) Buildings or parts of buildings insulated with a total useful floor area of less than 50 m2.
f) Building purchased for major renovations or demolition.

Images of Andalucia
Reg. Office: Cortijo del Roble, Carboneras, Villanueva del Rosario, 29312 Malaga Spain
Telephone: 0034 603 424 175   Email: Click Here
Skype Username: imagesofandalucia
Legal Disclaimer   Registration Details

International Real Estate InstituteFIABCIConfederation of Europeenne de L'ImmobilierThe National Association of Estate AgentsFIPPA

Copyright © 2006 - 2018 All Rights Reserved